Friday, December 19, 2008

Waking in her shoes



FORT WAYNE, INDIANA - It started with just one person. One of the people represented in this pic decided to do something very nice for me while I was going through my cancer treatment; something nice for one of my children, actually. In a wonderful gesture, several people at Vera Bradley ‘adopted’ my little family during Christmas while I was sick and sent my children gifts because we were having quite a tough time. My daughter requested a very unusual toy and he went to great lengths to find it for her and have it delivered in time. When she opened it, she cried and hugged it; I was able to send him a picture of that moment. That man now has a whole department working for him, and they all follow in his footsteps. All of them volunteer to help with the annual Vera Bradley Classic and one of the sweet ladies in the photo brings her mom (also sweet, of course) with her to my speaking engagements! Thank you, thank you, thank you, wonderful merchandise management team! They are, in no particular order, Anah, Chris, Emily, Chris and Elizabeth.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

What a great heartwarming story! That's one of the reasons that I LOVE Vera...not only their bags, but the company and what they believe in! I'm proud to donate to the Vera Foundation every year because I know they do amazing things! Thank you so much for all that you do too Heidi! Merry Christmas!