Tuesday, June 30, 2009

“Quamtotius”



WARSAW, INDIANA - We are all, we are total, we are complete. We cancer warriors may have had bits and pieces of us removed, medicated or radiated, but we are still whole people. We are varied; there is not a segment of society that hasn't been touched by cancer, not a race, not a religion, not a height nor weight group that doesn’t wear our badge. We are all totally different and yet have so much in common. Here are my unique bits: I myself like hockey. A lot. Chicago Blackhawks, thank you very much. (Check out my Blackhawks sweater.) I am a mommy and think my children have flawless hearts and souls. I am a wife, and think my husband deserves more than I can ever give him. I am a daughter, and while I have a 'bucket list', I am sad to think that my mom never got to finish her own list. I am an American, and have voted for all major parties. I am an employee, and have fierce loyalty to Vera Bradley because they are American dreamers that actually included compassion in their dreams. I am a Christian, and in honor of that I try to love everyone. You may not be any of those things, but still you have cancer in your life. Doesn’t that just bind us all the more to one another?

So this is me, and I am the cancer everyman. We don’t just wear hospital gowns; so keep in mind that when you sit next to someone on the train, at church, at the ice rink, in the restaurant, in the theatre, at the game. We own the local pottery studio, work at the local insurance company, the local car wash, and in the cubical just down from yours. Thank you, to those that donate to help one or all of us. =We can't all say thank you, but I know we all wish we could!

4 comments:

Laurie (TCGgal) said...

so true.

Angie Verburg said...

Wonderful words Heidi. I am so inspired by you.

mountainbikingmama said...

Great post. What's Quamtotious mean?

in a word said...

it means total, complete. :) thanks, glad you liked it!