Friday, September 11, 2009

God Bless America


UNITED STATES OF AMERICA - Dear America, I love you. I always have, and I can say with some degree of confidence that I always will. Much like the amazing generation that will always be able to tell you exactly what they were doing on the ‘date that will live in infamy’, I will always remember standing in my living room watching the towers crash into the earth. We were scarred, we were scared, we were horrified. In the end, of course, we were Americans. So a handful of us ran in while the rest of us could only watch in desperate horror. Isn’t that typical? The outside world thinks that we will now cower and hide, to acquiesce to fear. But we don’t, not all of us. The brave, those that have carried us through the founding of this republic and all the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune since then, still run in to take care of those that need help. Thank you, brave ones. Sons and Daughters of Liberty who have handed us so very much that we take for granted with every breath, I adore you. I am sorry for the scars that our nation wears, but I know that under the scars are hard fought lessons for the next generation. Today would be a good day for us all to stop for just a moment and realize what we have, what inalienable rights have been granted to us by our Creator, and how we can band together to show the world that we are a united republic. God Bless America.