Saturday, October 3, 2009

Eda and Ralph


BURLINGTON, NORTH CAROLINA - I work with people every day who are planning fundraisers to benefit the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer. I’m not exaggerating, you can check with my husband; I get calls on weekends about these things. I do so happily, for the record. I know that every dollar we raise will be another step to a cure. Back to the story!!! So the people I chat with typically do one event annually – things like luncheons, tennis tournaments, dinners, etc. Take a look at Eda and Ralph up there. They decided that one event just simply wouldn’t do. They planned a full week's worth of events, each one would knock the wind out of lesser mortals. They enlisted family and friends to be volunteers and have pulled off the biggest grouping of events the VB Foundation has ever seen (including the transformation of a hospital dining room into a 5-star restaurant). Eda and Ralph, I love you. I salute you. I thank you. Most of all, I envy your energy. You make me tired just lookin’ at you. :)




No comments: