Friday, August 1, 2008

Building Hope

I’ve been working with the Vera Bradley Sales Team on a really big and exciting new project, and I’m so delighted I can finally share some of the details with you. It’s called the Hope Trail, and it’s an ongoing initiative with a special 10-day event to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer research. For the last couple of weeks in September I’ll be visiting Vera Bradley retailers on the East Coast who’ve all planned what promise to be fabulous events (including a BBQ on an old farm!).

We’ll be kicking things off in North Carolina with the Very Vera Brunch and fashion show at the Ballantyne Resort in Charlotte, moseying our way up through Virginia, and ending up in Maryland. Here’s a schedule of the planned stops and dates. Click on the date for event details.

Sept. 19 Salem Creek, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Sept. 20 Ballantyne, Charlotte, North Carolina
Sept. 23 Steger Creek, Roanoke, Virginia
Sept. 24 Steger Creek, Forest, Virgina
Sept. 25 Saxon Shoes, Richmond, Virginia
Sept. 26 The Lemon Drop What Not Shop, Prince Frederick, Maryland
Sept. 27 Annapolis, Maryland

I’ll be updating the events here and on our Facebook page as soon as more information becomes available, so be sure to check back often. Drop me a line if you're in the area and would like to attend!

And, of course, I’ll be blogging and posting photos along the way. So even if you can't join us, you can follow me as I make my way along the Hope Trail!

UPDATE: Thanks to the great response we're received with the Hope Trail on the East Coast, we are adding a second leg to the trip in the Midwest.

Sept. 10 Vignettes of Arlington, Arlington Heights, Illinois
Sept. 11 Vera Bradley at Town Park Center, Deer Park, Illinois
Sept. 11 Paisley on Main, Glen Ellyn, Illinois

UPDATE:
We have added one more stop on the Hope Trail, and we're headed back to Maryland for it.

Oct. 18 Kokopelli, Columbia, Maryland

No comments: