Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hope is in the air


WARSAW, INDIANA – When you live in a small town, it’s very easy to feel as if you are ‘on the outside looking in’ for large events. While we were not able to go to our nation’s capital today, I used my lunch hour to take two of my children to the county courthouse. We discussed how wonderful it is to live in America and how blessed we are to have the freedoms we enjoy. No matter your political position, it would be hard for you to ignore the word that seems to be on everyone’s mind today – HOPE. For me, it is a word that I use daily – sometimes even hourly. Now is a great time to remember that we are so close to being able to give so many this great gift of hope. Hope that our nation remains steadfast on the path set forth by our founders and hope that we can, as a people, find a cure for a disease that so threatens our children.

No comments: