Friday, April 24, 2009

Best for Women

VENTURA, CALIFORNIA - Soroptimist means “the best for women”. I’m ashamed to admit I’d never heard about this organization until I was asked to speak at their event – now I know. They are so impressive, so passionate – and not just about breast cancer, but about all women’s issues. Human trafficking, health issues, treatment of women in developing nations, women’s empowerment toward money management – everything! Each group has an issue they’ve embraced and are working hard to effect change for that issue. Some of these ladies have been doing this for over 50 years; finding people that devoted is a rarity indeed. They are fun and witty while simultaneously hard working and dedicated. During these difficult times, it is hard to think that we can spare anything at all, whether it be time, effort or money. I encourage you to just meet one of these ladies, and see if they don’t inspire you to at least try.

No comments: