Thursday, May 14, 2009

All Hail the Chiefs





SYRACUSE, NEW YORK - So when I arrived at the ballpark in Syracuse, I was told that the only way to tell it was springtime in this part of New York was to notice that people weren’t wearing gloves and scarves. But take a look at these boys – they went out there and played their hearts out in spite of the cold! My friend Wendy is the one who coordinated the whole event. There was an auction on the concourse and then a dinner with players afterwards. The response was fantastic, and I am really looking forward to coming back and seeing them again. The Syracuse Chiefs have pledged to make the Vera Bradley Foundation a part of several more upcoming events and I can’t wait. I love that Wendy and her team has embraced the cause this way, I feel the same way about them. Go Chiefs!

No comments: