Saturday, May 30, 2009

Harp!



APOPKA, FLORIDA - The first known harp dates back to 2500 B.C. in Egypt. By the 17th century, they began to resemble the type of harp that we see in images today. What on earth does this have to do with breast cancer research? Because this is the first time I have seen one this close in person, and it is way cool! I was actually told some time ago that music form the harp is used in some cancer centers as a form of auditory relaxation technique, and now I know why. Greg’s Hallmark had a breast cancer party and a local harpist donated her time to provide gentle music – a first for the Foundation on the Road! I think I am going to get a CD and use it for bedtime music (for me and for the kids). I love that Greg and his remarkable team took the time to hold this event; and that they learned that so many of their customers were survivors! What a wonderful day, what a great party. I can’t wait to see them all again.

No comments: