Saturday, May 1, 2010

In Her Shoes


ZIONSVILLE, INDIANA - Here on this blog I’ve introduced you to several people who have gone above and beyond to help breast cancer patients across the world. They do so for many reasons; some because they have had a loved one who has suffered, some because they have friends or co-workers struggling with the disease, some just because they never want their children to be the ones to "walk in our shoes." The shoes of a cancer patient are tough to step into, believe me.

This particular group of shoes belongs to some amazing ladies. They have pledged to work as hard as they can to raise funds for research. These gals are active fundraisers, working many months to encourage others to help them with their mission. Last year, they raised over $4,000 in just a few short months. This year, they are on track to surpass that number.

Pretty impressive, isn’t it? Let me tell you the best part. They are all in high school. They are the young, amazing women of the Zionsville High School tennis team, and their lovely coach. They are young enough to not think things like "Oh, I’m just too busy. I’m too tired. I don’t really want to think about cancer research." They just say "We know what is happening right now, and we want to get involved. We want to make a positive change – IN OUR LIFETIME." Thank you, my remarkable ladies, from breast cancer patients worldwide. I hope you never have to walk in our shoes. :)

No comments: