Thursday, September 11, 2008

Welcome home!





GLEN ELLYLN, ILLINOIS - It is the perfect, quintessential American town. Flags are proudly hung year round, and when a cause as important as breast cancer is being addressed, the Glen Ellyn community pulls out all the stops! Paisley on Main hosted an impeccable event involving many local businesses. In less than a month, Sue, owner of Paisley, drummed up downtown-wide action, organized a wonderful breakfast at Honey Cafe and even got a Village Proclamation ready! I am frequently moved by places I go and the people I meet, but this town holds a special, dear place in my heart – it’s a place I call home. Today, I walked by the park at which my daughters used to play, the library that was a frequent stop for our bike rides and of course the sweet downtown that holds so many memories. Thank you, Sue and all of Glen Ellyn for making me feel so special and for taking the time to acknowledge ALL survivors here.

No comments: