Monday, April 18, 2011

Dinner


COLUMBIA CITY, INDIANA - So I pull up to the Wendy's drive through and order the Apple Pecan Chicken Salad and smile when I'm paying for my meal. The young lady at the window says "Would you like to donate to breast cancer research today? Please?"

Now, how sweet is that. She has no idea who I am or what I do, she just wants to do her part and is clearly happy to do it. What she doesn't know is that just a few days ago I was completely deflated at a Wendys because I WASN'T asked to donate.

No fault but my own; I was at a Wendy's in Colorado - they aren't part of the Northern Indiana Wendy's group who does this collection every year for us!

So, I smile a happy smile, make my donation and breathe a sigh of joy as I realize that for about another month or so, there is a big group of restaurants smiling back at me. And, raising money to find a cure. Thank you, my frosty friends!!!

No comments: